Energy conservation and energy efficiency are initiatives that Brown Atchison Electric
Cooperative supports. Through conservation and efficiency measures, less energy is
consumed and therefore, less energy is required to be produced.
Conservation and efficiency are the emphasis of the new rebate program.
To qualify for any of the rebates, the appliance must meet minimum energy efficiency
performance standards detailed below. These new standards are slightly higher than
the required industry standards.
These rebate programs allow our consumers to purchase any brand of water heater or
heat pump at their dealer of choice. They will then receive a cash rebate depending
on the type of installation that was chosen. The following links will provide you
with details for both of the rebates:
For further information about our rebate program please call (785) 486-2117 or e-mail
Water Heater Rebates
Qualifying Standards for Electric Water Heater Rebates
1) Electric water heaters must have a minimum capacity of 40 gallons and a maximum
connected wattage of 5500 watts.
2) Electric water heaters that are less than 60 gallons, must have a minimum Energy
Factor (EF) of .95.
3) Electric water heaters that are greater than 60 gallons, please contact our office.
Rebate Payment Levels
The payment for a qualifying electric water heater, no matter if it is new construction,
gas-to-electric, or electric-to-electric, is $100 for a non-lifetime water heater
and $150 for a lifetime water heater.
Electric Heat Pump Rebates
Qualifying Standards for Electric Heat Pump Rebates
Air Source Heat Pump
1) Minimum unit size of 2 tons.
2) Must have a minimum SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)of 14. 5
3) Must have a minimum HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) of 8.2.
Ground Source Heat Pump
1) Minimum unit size is 2 tons.
2) Open loop - Must have a minimum COP (Coefficient of Performance) of 3.6 and a
minimum EER (energy Effiency Rating) of 16.2.
3) Closed loop - Must have a minimum COP of 3.3 and a minimum EER of 14.1.
Rebate Payment Levels
1) The payment for a qualifying Air Source Heat Pump will be $100 per ton for a 14.5
SEER, $150 per ton for a 15.5 SEER, and $200 per ton for 16.5 SEER and above.
2) The payment for a qualifying Ground Source Heat Pump will be $125 per one-half(1/2) ton.
3) Electric resistance heat will not qualify for a rebate.